The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex website has been designed to provide an insight to Royal Arch Freemasonry. Here you will find information on what it is to be a Royal Arch Freemason, our proud history, how to join, what charitable works we’re involved with and coming social events. For a more complete view of current news and events, plus the views and opinions of our many members visit our website.
We take care to protect the privacy of members and users of https://essexroyalarch.org.uk . We take our obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use your personal data. Please read it carefully.
In this privacy notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” mean The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex (further details of The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex are provided at the bottom of this statement). References to “you” or “your” mean the person using this Website whose personal information we collect, store and use.
This privacy notice applies to you and The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex, the owner and operator of this Website.
References to “the Website” mean https://essexroyalarch.org.uk (including any relevant sub-domains, unless specific terms and conditions apply to that website or service).
References to “Data” mean all personal information that you submit to The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex via the Website.
The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with the up-to-date version.
What this Privacy Notice covers
- Why we use your personal information
- The lawful basis for processing
- What personal information we capture
- How we use your personal information
- What rights you have under data protection legislation
- Sharing personal information with third parties
- How long we may keep your information
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Contact details for your queries
- Why we use your information
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to reply to your email;
- to contact you about your account and our services
- to provide you with the information you request
- the verification of your identity, where required
- for the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and money laundering
- for the ongoing administration of our service
- to allow us to improve our charitable activities
- to manage our relationship with you and offer support
- to ask for your opinion about our organisation
- for research and statistical analysis and usage patterns. We only use the data in an anonymised manner when we use it for this purpose.
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
If we plan to introduce further processes for the use of your information, we will provide information about that purpose prior to such processing.
What information we collect and how long we keep it
When you visit https://essexroyalarch.org.uk will be logging the following:
- information to analyse how our site is used to give you the best possible experience
- on some pages on the public web site may ask you to volunteer further information to us
- you may be asked to give your Consent to us contacting you and sending you information about our provisions. This does not take away any of your rights under data protection law.
Application data will be held until the end of the membership and will be deleted approximately one month after the membership expires.
On the ‘Get in Touch’ page and in the password protect internal pages we collect:
- Email Address
- Phone Number/s
If we hold accounts information, such as evidence of payments made to us, will be held for longer in accordance with accountancy practices.
How we process your personal information
We use your personal information, and some of our Volunteers have access to such information, only to the extent required to carry out the duties for you and on behalf of The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex.
We have introduced appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information during storage, processing and transit.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting via email
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
Your rights under data protection law
Right to Access
You have the right of access to your personal information that we process and details about that processing.
You can usually access that information directly within The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex Products and Services (self-service). However, should this not be possible, you can raise a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) to receive this information in another format.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to request that information is corrected if it’s inaccurate. You can usually update your own information using The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex Products and Services (self-service). However, should this not be possible, you can contact us to make the changes on your behalf. In some circumstances, you may have to contact your school, to correct the data held by them and provided to us for processing.
Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
You have the right to request that your information is removed; depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your information; depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the extent of our processing activities; depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format suitable for transferring to another controller.
Right to lodge a complaint with us or a supervisory authority
If you think we have infringed your privacy rights, please contact us by via email - Please state in the subject that your request concerns a privacy matter, and provide a clear description of your requirements.
Note: We may need to request additional information to verify your identity before we action your request
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. You can also lodge your complaint in the country where your live, your place of work or place where you believe we infringed your right(s).
In the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office - ICO is the authority to contact if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Sharing data with 3rd parties
We may use auditors and security consultancies, who will occasionally come to see samples of personal data.
If we find a need to do so, we may change the suppliers we work with. In that event, we will update this privacy notice and inform you of the change.
We will only disclose your information to other parties in the following limited circumstances:
- where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to law enforcement and regulatory authorities
- where there is a duty to disclose in the public interest
- where disclosure is necessary to protect our interest e.g. to prevent or detect crime and fraud
- where you give us permission to do so e.g. by providing consent within The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex website or via an online application or consent form.
Security of your data
Security is a high priority for us, and we only use providers to process your data that meet our data auditing standards.
Third party web sites
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice will be reviewed regularly, and updated versions will be posted on our websites as necessary.
The Provincial Grand Chapter of Essex office address is:
Station Court, Station Approach, Wickford SS11 7AT
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, please contact us by telephone 07798 652255 or via email
Last Updated on 12 March 2021